top of page
Computer with Graph

The Green Team Group

Public·54 members
Ian Martinez
Ian Martinez

Where To Buy Dji Phantom 3

For the most part, these controls tell you things like your altitude, how far away the Phantom is, where it is on a map (in GPS mode) and so on. On the left are buttons for auto takeoff or landing/return to home. On the right, you'll find a big red shutter button to start recording/take photos and a shortcut to the camera settings. Along the top, you'll see how strong your connection is, how many GPS satellites the drone sees (and thus whether the drone is safe to fly), plus access to more general settings. I prefer to handle takeoff and landing from the controller, and use the app just to see what the camera sees. Then again, it is useful to see how much battery life/flight time you have left too.

where to buy dji phantom 3

The first-person view (FPV) from the camera is a big upgrade from the Phantom 2 Vision+. The quality of the feed is much better, and the connection is pretty solid. This makes the flying experience way cooler, as you can reliably use it to see exactly where the quad is (depth perception is trickier than you think). The real win, though, is how much it improves your photography. I've had so many shots ruined because the framing was even just a little off, or the tilt of the camera was wrong. The Phantom 3 removes all those problems, giving you a dependable, clear view of your shot.

One other feature of the app: streaming your drone's camera footage straight to YouTube. This works fairly well (I had some artifacts, but generally ok), but there's one big prerequisite: that you're flying somewhere with decent cell signal. Your stream will be in 720p (though viewers may need to choose this), and audio is taken from your phone's mic for commentary. However, I did most of my test flights in the hills, away from the crowds and hustle of the city. And, it turns out, the reaches of my mobile operator. Livestreaming is perhaps a bit of a novelty for most fliers, but it does make the Phantom 3 useful in a few niche situations. The idea that you could livestream video from the sky has obvious uses in journalism/reporting or other "live event" situations. Assuming you keep your Phantom nearby and ready to fly, that is. Either way, it's a nice addition to the Phantom feature set.

The live video feed is good enough that you can get much closer to landmarks or objects in the distance than would be possible using eyesight alone. That's not recommended, though, as you could easily miss some power cables, or other hard-to-see object. The real joy of the video stream is just knowing I got the shot. One time, I was flying over a lake in a small canyon. On top of one side is an old, disused building. I flew, or thought I flew, to a position with it in the center of the camera. When I checked the video stream, though, I was quite a way off. I also found it improved my general depth perception (and, in turn, my flying). Later on that same day, I took the Phantom 3 up into the hills. There was an interesting rock formation that I was able to fly to directly because I had a better perception of where the drone was thanks to practice with the video stream.

Another benefit of an all-in-one setup like the Phantom 3 is that everything is designed to work together. The camera, the gimbal, the radio link for the video stream, et cetera. The result of which is longer battery life and flight time. With the Phantom 2, a gimbal, GoPro (taking its power from the drone) and a video downlink, vital minutes are shaved off your air time. Under the same conditions with the Phantom 3, I was getting 20 mins in the air, whereas the Phantom 2 was nagging me to (urgently) land it after 15. When the Phantom 3 wants you to land, you can probably keep it up for a few minutes more; it just plays things safe.

The Phantom 3 Standard scored a 6 in our video quality testing. This put it well ahead of the non-gimbal models we tested, which both scored 3, but tied it for the worst score amongst the gimbal models, where scores ranged from 6 to 10.

This may not sound great, but in our testing we were picking apart a lot of very good cameras. The 3 Standard still provides 2.7K resolution, and the camera is able to capture fairly vibrant colors. Those colors just aren't quite as vibrant as those in footage from, for comparison's sake, the Editors' Choice Award winning Phantom 4. Likewise, the footage from the Phantom 3 Standard looks very crisp, but upon very close inspection you can tell it doesn't quite match the crispness of the Phantom 4's footage. The Phantom 3 Standard's gimbal is quite workable and is able to keep the camera quite steady during flight. However, when flying aggressively or under less than ideal conditions there can be some perceptible camera shake, where the Phantom 4 would be able to remain rock solid. All things considered, there is an appreciable dropoff in video quality between the 3 standard and its bigger siblings. That said, nobody is going to look at footage from the 3 Standard and think that it is bad. Most likely they'll be amazed that it was captured by an amateur using a consumer product. In a direct side-by-side comparison most people would be able to pick out which footage came from the more expensive drone, but that doesn't meant the Phantom 3 Standard's footage isn't impressive on its own.

The Phantom 3 Standard ended up in the middle of the gimbal model pack in our ease of use testing. It scored a 7 in a metric where gimbal model scores ranged from 6 to 9. The non-gimbal models fared worse, both scoring a 3. Initial setup of the 3 Standard had all the trappings of DJI's easy out of the box process. Rotors installed easily, battery charging and installation was a breeze, downloading DJI GO and pairing the controller all worked flawlessly. When we set up the 3 Standard it did require a software update, which necessitated downloading the update on a computer and transferring it to the drone. This was somewhat annoying, but only took a couple of minutes.

More than offering their own cameras for the Phantom 3, DJI did not actively promote that you could purchase a gimbal to hang a GoPro from the drone. This is where I admit my personal feelings: I am a huge fan of GoPro cameras, they are pretty amazing, but I do not believe they are appropriate for drone flight.

What it really boils down to, as fun as it is to just fly a drone, aerial photography is the name of the game with the Phantom line. The Phantom 3 is where DJI matured their products, becoming the leading drone manufacturer for a generation of pilots.

Overall design is simple enough, four arms jut out evenly to make a square, the body and arms are encased in a soft-edged hard plastic shell. The center, or belly, of the drone is where the various available camera gimbals mount, holding the camera nearly perfectly centered under the drone. Either side of the camera rig are landing gear that are tall enough to keep the camera from contacting the ground.

Finally, the Phantom 3 4K offers up nearly the same features as the Pro model, also with 4K resolution, but with a Sony camera sensor. Frequencies are a little different as well, better to support non-North American airspace. Update: The 4K version has hit that mark where availability is becoming rare and the price has started going up. We have a hard time still recommending this version of the drone.

There has been a debate about the improvements made in DJI Phantom 3 over the Phantom 2 since the launch of the DJI Phanom 3 drone. As every other phantom version has been marked by an improvement of the camera, phantom 3 has also brought a better camera and a longer range for wifi connection.

Many users argue that phantom 3 has made phantom 2 obsolete. There are people who still think phantom 2 is more than enough for their needs because of the price difference between phantom 2 and phantom 3.

If you go into the details, the durability and performance of phantom 3 are the same as phantom 2. Phantom 3 has a more manageable design, with its slim body and new propellers, which make it lighter than Phantom2.

DJI has not made any improvements in regard to phantom 3 fly time compared to phantom 2. Although phantom 3 is equipped with a powerful, intelligent battery that helps in prolonging the flight time, it can only stay up in the air for about 25 minutes, while phantom 2 also can fly around 25 minutes.

The Phantom 2 weighs 1000 grams, whereas the Phantom 3 weighs 1261 grams. The weight of a drone is a big factor to consider since it affects the performance and flight time, but both models are lightweight compared to other drones on the market.

Both drones have a great portability design that will not cause any problems during transportation. However, if you want to take aerial videos while walking, then choose phantom 3 because of its smaller size and lighter weight.

There are three different maneuvers with IOC-enabled flight; these maneuvers are Course Lock, Home Lock, and Stabilized Idle. Stabilized Idle allows for smooth photos at a constant distance and position, whereas Course Lock keeps the current direction locked no matter how the drone is oriented.

On phantom 3 advanced and professional both camera and gimbal are one piece, so they cost less than phantom 2. You can also remove the camera easily from phantom 3 if you want to use different cameras such as GoPro.

On the other hand, DJI Phantom 2 is lighter and has an adjustable camera position, so it's a great choice if you want to capture creative shots from different angles. So it all comes down to what you really want out of your phantom drone.

We hope this article helped you to get an idea about the phantom 2 vs. phantom 3 comparison. If you want to share your feedback regarding DJI Phantom 2 or DJI Phantom 3, then comment below in the comment section.

1) P mode (Positioning): P mode works best when the GPS signal is strong, or indoor where P-OPTI will show. There are three different states of P mode, which will be automatically selected by the Phantom 3 depending on GPS signal strength and Vision Positioning sensors: 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Jack
    Jack
  • Elvin Ziphzer Ybias
    Elvin Ziphzer Ybias
  • delfin jr armcin
    delfin jr armcin
  • Vanilamanis
    Vanilamanis
bottom of page